I’ve been working on some long-term projects today, trying to finish off the Dude cardigan for my boyfriend ( a VERY late Christmas present!), and plying up some BFL that I dyed at the start of March and never got finished – missing out on those double dying points 😦 . Anyway, although I made substantial progress on both projects, neither is done quite yet, so I’m going to post about a project I finished back in February – but which then spent a fair whack of time winging its way to my Sister back in England……I’m afraid I refuse to spend more on postage than I spent on the yarn, so these went by the slow boat! Now that they’ve arrived safe and sound, I can post photos and tot up the points.
Once I’d made the hat, I searched for a pattern that I could easily adapt to include the same cable, and found the Tornado mittens. A fab (free) pattern, which I’ll definitely make again. Even with the individual fingers these knit up quick, and the fliptops make them so versatile too.
Points for the mittens: accessories: 1 point. Yardage: ~ 216 yards = 2 points. New pattern to me: 1 point. Cables: 1 point (same as the hat, I had it memorised by the time I started the mittens!).
Grand total: 11 points. Not enough to take me back into the lead, but I’m still fighting Julianna!
PS. Tomorrow is the last chance to enter our current giveaway! Don’t miss out on your chance to win.